LucianStyle Development Corporation Est. 2006 has, since its inception, been a proud and active part of St. Lucia’s tourism sector. Located conveniently in the heart of St. Lucia’s tourist capital, Rodney Bay, we welcome guests daily and assist them with tour and activity bookings, travel planning, airport shuttles, destination weddings, real estate or anything else which their heart may desire. Our management team shines with an impressive combined 60+ years in the local travel industry. We are well equipped and ready to serve our clients throughout the year.
We abide by the dictum ‘Your wish is our command’ – and take your command with utmost pride and delight. Our representatives are experts, our customer service is unsurpassed with a high level of support, professionalism, knowledge and friendliness, and the quality of our products are unmatched on island. We pride ourselves on safety and ensure that measures are in place to keep our staff and clients safe.
As the owner and operator of some of the most unique tours and activities on the island, we aim to fulfil our guests desires; from those seeking adventurous thrills to those seeking nature/outdoor activities. Tours ranging from the #1 rated St. Lucia Segway Adventure and the new and exciting Electric Big-Wheel Scooter Adventure, to exclusive hiking and island tours. We also run the Caribbean’s ONLY private historical British military war-time ruin and feature this location on our historical tour. We take pride in knowing that our services allow us to help bring travellers to the island and contribute meaningfully to the economy.
Extremely focused on sustainable tourism practices, we are the ONLY provider on island of green, motorized activities who generate a large percentage of our electricity consumption from the Sun.
At LucianStyle Development, we seek to always remain original and continue to put smiles on faces while creating lasting memories on our beautiful island paradise, St. Lucia.
Our ‘green’ mission statement is as follows:
As a provider of tours & experiences on a ‘sun-island’ destination, we are dedicated to environmental improvements such as clean energy generation and usage. Our aim is to minimize as many environmental impacts as possible, and lead by example to help travellers learn to protect the environment, travel responsibly and contribute positively for the betterment of our today – and our tomorrow”.
The scope of this policy will include but shall not be limited to how the products, services and operations within our company and across our supply chain will be continually reviewed and improved, so that we can integrate environmental and social considerations into our everyday practices and make a positive contribution to society.
We acknowledge that our company has potential impacts on people and the environment through our operations and supply chains. Through this policy we commit to:
- Comply with applicable laws in all our operations.
- Protect human rights – As a company/employer dedicated to equal opportunity, we abide by all fair labour practices and ensure that our activities do not directly or indirectly violate human rights in our own or other countries.
- Minimise our impact on the environment and maximise the effective use of resources.
- Foster responsible environmental behaviour amongst staff at all levels.
- Minimise risks and impacts through processes and systems to implement, measure and monitor environmental and social performance.
- Increase communication and awareness of our efforts.
- Provide a safe and healthy workplace.
- Support diversity and inclusion.
- Supporting the surrounding community by looking to employ local people where possible.
- Create useful opportunities for skilled local workers and provide training to further develop their skillset
- Engage meaningfully with stakeholders including indigenous organisations, communities, industries and government.
- Avoid harming the lives of local people.
- Support local businesses to ensure they are prepared for and provided with opportunities to participate.
- Encourage our employees to volunteer via programs organised internally and externally.
- Support local charities by donating time – we encourage staff participation in volunteering days.
- Look to provide sponsorship or monetary donations to local charities, sports clubs, societies, youth groups, community centres, or other groups.
- Promote long-term economic benefits within communities.
- Comply with all laws governing the environment.
- Strive to better understand both the direct and indirect impact that our practices may have on the environment.
- Minimise or offset our impact on the environment through the generation and use of clean energy.
- Work towards the conservation of energy, water and resources in all our operations.
- Dispose of waste thoughtfully, and follow the waste hierarchy of ‘Avoid, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle’.
- Lessen our environmental impact by purchasing environmentally-friendly products and services.
- Take steps to continually improve environmental performance.
- Protect and support biodiversity while stepping into natural habitats and not litter them.
- Conduct audits, evaluations, and self-assessments of the implementation of this policy.
- Work with our entire supply chain in order to gain mutual benefits of incorporating environmentally sustainable goals into everyday business.
- Be an environmentally responsible neighbour in our community.
- Promote environmental awareness throughout all operations of the company.
- Foster a sustainably aware culture, where responsibility is assigned and understood.
- Strive to raise awareness in the community, encourage participation and train employees in environmental and social matters.
Excursions and attractions with wildlife interactions and in which captive wildlife is held are not offered, except for properly regulated activities in compliance with local, national and international law.
Wildlife species are not harvested, consumed, displayed, sold, or traded, except as part of a regulated activity that ensures that their utilization is sustainable and in compliance with local, national and international law.
- Consider and support sustainability initiatives with a strong business case.
- Integrate sustainability into our existing business models, accounting and reporting.
- Add value to our products and services to support sustainability markets.
- Reduce operating costs through improved resource management for water, waste, energy, carbon, employee engagement.
- Manage risk of operational disruptions like resource scarcity, climate change impact, or community risks.
- Reduce reputation risks and communicate actions.
- The company and its direct service providers do not promote souvenirs which contain threatened flora and fauna species as indicated in the CITES treaty and the IUCN ‘Red List’; historic and archaeological artefacts (except as permitted by law).